Message Board Rules & Posting Guidelines May 16, 2018 22:07:35 GMT -5 EliQB10, TEM, and 1 more like this
Post by Roosevelt on May 16, 2018 22:07:35 GMT -5
Welcome to The Giants Board (TGB) Community
Terms of service.
By registering and using this board, you agree that The Giants Board and its staff members have the right, in addition to other rights, to delete your posts and/or ban you or any other user at any time, if they believe such action is in the best interest of this site, for whatever reason, and the reason need not be disclosed.
The golden rule is a good one to follow: Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
TGB respects freedom of expression and the spirit in which fans enjoy discussing sports. At the same time we ask our members to use common sense, common courtesy, and common message board etiquette when posting.
Our rules are as follows:
1. Do not use profanity, vulgar language, racist, sexist, political, or religious comments on this board.
This includes creatively spelled words to bypass the censored word list. Comments limited to NFL related issues will be permitted unless they are deemed offensive by TGB.
2. Do not post or link to pornographic or obscene material of any kind on this board.
3. Do not attack other posters personally.
Do not bring up their name in posts they have no involvement in. Refrain from consistently responding to their posts with no merit other than to belittle them. In short, do not make a poster a target. If you cannot be civil when replying, then do not reply. Treat everyone with respect, even if you do not agree with their opinions.
Member squabbles should be left at the door and not brought to the board. If a member feels there is a situation that violates our guidelines they should report the post or contact a staff member.
4. Do not post unsubstantiated rumors about players, coaches, etc.If you have legitimate news story, that is one thing, but if you have heard something from a friend of a friend, this is not the website to post innuendo and/or rumors. Those posts will be removed.
5. No obsessive posting.If you come to this board day after day, making the same basic comments over and over, that is being obsessive . Be sure to understand that no one is saying that specific topics are off limits, but we are saying is obsessing over something, whether it's a player, a coach, a draft pick, the owner, etc. will not be tolerated.
6. No flaming.Flaming is posting in a hostile and insulting manner. Anyone who repeatedly flames others will find their posts deleted and they will be banned from this site. Members should not expect warnings prior to being banned for this type of behavior.
7. No trolling.Deliberately posting in a provocative manner with the aim of upsetting people or eliciting an angry response from them is trolling. Anyone who trolls this message board will have their posts deleted, their posting privileges disabled and ultimately they will be banned from this site. Members should expect no warnings prior to being banned for trolling.
Do not reply to obvious troll threads. The only action should be to report the post by using the Report Post feature.
8. No attacks on players, coaches, or the front office.Criticism is allowed, and encouraged if the shoe fits, but that does NOT mean you have free range to bash or alienate a player or coach with your comments. If you disagree with how they played or the effort they put forward, please feel free to voice your opinion and state why you hold that opinion. But, if it's something you would not say to their faces, then don't post it here.
9. No posting of commercial offers, competing websites or spamming of the board will be permitted.
10. No posting of or distribution any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law.
This means no posting of premium information from other web sites.
11. Do not attempt to dominate this board.A successful message board community involves give and take. If one poster contributes too much to the point of disrupting the community, he or she may lose their posting privileges.
12. Posting under multiple user names/impersonating another is prohibited.
13. Reporting a Post.If you see a post that you believe breaks one of the rules or is spam, please bring it to a staff member’s attention by reporting the post.
Repeated reports without proper justification or any abuse of the system may result in a warning or loss of privileges.
14. Warnings.In order to limit disruptive and/or malicious behavior on this forum; TGB will implement a “3 strikes and you’re out” approach. Any violation of the rules of this forum will result in a 33% warning level being added to the member's profile. If a member reaches 99%, they will be removed from this community. The warning percentage will be seen underneath the member's avatar, but it's only visible to the staff and the member.
Warning levels can be reduced, generally by 33% each month, by contacting a staff member via PM to request the reduction. The request will be granted if member’s behavior has been in line with forum rules. Reductions are not automatic.
Repeat offenders may be subject to additional actions such as an imposed delay before a warning reduction can be requested or having their posting privileges disabled, in addition to their ultimate removal.
15. Registering for TGBTGB no longer allows unrestricted sign-up. All new accounts will be verified before being accepted. Note to guests signing up - if you choose to ignore the registration questions, your registration will be ignored.
Thank you to TGB members.To the vast majority of fans who will participate on this board and already function within this rule set, thank you very much for your adult candor and responsible posting.